Friday, May 4, 2012

Is Real Life Better Than Star Wars Day (part one)


Stars and Wars Day, the most ominous and destructive sounding international holiday of all. I thought it was something totally different, and then I remembered that there was that movie with that kid. Blond hair, got a goober looking grin on his smug face all the time, he wields a lightsaber, uses magic, you know, the real recognizable type.   Yeah, well I really like that story and junk. It has great themes, the dark-side and the light-side.  Sure I go for that type of thing.  I am all for a day of star wars. 

But rather than talking about the story, or the great characters, or the genuinely inspiring creativity that it took to conceive of such a tale, I would rather talk about the technologies that really aren’t as impressive as they used to be.  You know, kind of bash on George Lucas for having such a near sighted imagination.  I mean seriously, he came up with these movies when I was like, I don’t know, younger. And we already have a lot of the bacookas that Georgio schemed up. 


For example we have holograms now.

 

And you know what, it is boring. Just kidding it's not.  But I think this video is fake. However, if it is not that would be awesome.  But if it is, then the multi-million dollar news stations that are supposed to be telling us what's happening in the world are clearly lying. oops I think I accidentally switched from hypothetical tense to straight-up-reality tense in that last sentence.



Then there is this Tupac thing that is said to be a hologram.  But then again, no one can decide on whether he is alive or dead.  So we have to just wonder: Is George Lucas and Jessica Yellin in cahoots with Tupac. Sounds like a bad crew to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment