Thursday, June 21, 2012

Days Become Darker and Darker From Here On Out. (Summer Officially Begins.)

I am sure you are all aware that yesterday marked the official beginning of summer.  Summer solstice, if you will. Which I hope you will. That is what they call it.  I didn't make it up.  Perhaps you thought today was summer solstice. No. This year the solstice came early.

Why is this important at all? Because summer solstice marks the day that I got my GoPro.  Ok. truth be told, it isn't all mine. I went halfsies on it with Eric.

Think of all the cool things I could video record with that little camera thing; for example, i could film me making breakfast, me going to work, me at work, me coming home and eating lunch, me playing around in the living room until I get cranky and tired and want to go to bed, me blogging for no good reason, and the list of things goes on and on.  So yeah, be excited.

I made play-dough into bonsai tree and some hot babe.

If you are instagram you probably already know.  I am going through a phase. I am not ready to give it up, but asking for help seems a bit superfluous.   In time I'm sure play dough will not interest me like it does now.  I grow out of things pretty fast, especially things that smell like overweight electricians. 

Also in regards to earlier posts about the worlds end. Suppose the world does end. That means from here on out every day is going to be shorter and shorter than the last, darker and darker too.  Ps. you know what is funny. Winter solstice happens December 21, but that isn't the fun part.  It happens at precisely 11:12 pm which is military time for 23 hundred hours and 12 minutes!!! (follow the link to learn what the exclamation marks are about)

Just think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool, I think I will ready about military time since I live a good part of my life marching to that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Conner.

    Mom, I make the clock march to me.

    ReplyDelete