Friday, April 6, 2012

Obsessed With TED

This blog is not as homosexual as it may sound, not that I have any problems with homosexuals, you are all welcome to read my blog.Anyways, TED is not a man. Well, I am sure there are tons of men with the name of Ted, but I am not talking about any of them. NOT EVEN ONE.

Hi, my name is Ted


I am sure you are all aware of TED.com.  Yeah, I wasn't until like two days ago.  Why didn't you guys tell me? The internet has made it so easy to share things, but I feel like a lot of people are still shy to express themselves.

Sorry about how gay this is sounding. And, again, no I don't have problems with gay people.  So you fags shouldn't have a problem with me using the word "gay" as a derogatory term. Good, we cool now?

So I like TED, who is very much a website and not at all an actual man, and I'm not scared to say it.  I wanted this post to illustrate two different things.  First that TED is a great website and I'm disappointed that no one told me about it. And Secondly, for once in our lives we have a medium of communication that allows for everyone to speak freely and still no one told me about TED.  OK, I guess that is three or for things if you take into account that both those were compound sentences, but whatever.

I mean just think about it though.  First there was the printing press made communication to large groups possible.  Then there was the phone, which enhanced two way communication.  Then the television, which probably did something.  Now, for the first time in all of the world's history there is a medium that allows not only for individuals to speak to large groups, but for large groups to interact and speak back.  That seems pretty cool. So, yeah, go ahead and take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment