Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bloo Bludded

This Funny Looking Rock is actually a Horseshoe Crab

The interesting thing about horseshoe crabs, besides looking like an alien from that movie Predator, is the fact that they have blue blood, which, to me, is also something very alien.

Yes, those are Horseshoe Crabs being bled dry.
Don't worry about those crabs, some of them actually live. It is just like when you give blood at biolife, except you are not forced in their against your will and also biolife doesn't take one third of your blood. Anyways, we humans, you and I, can do a whole bunch more good with heir blood then they can.

Their blood is blue is because it contains copper as an oxygen carrying pigment rather then iron like yours.Hey look, I am not making fun of you, my blood is just as red as yours.  Oh yeah and that crap about blood being blue until it comes out of your body, yeah that is total crap.

The cool thing about their copper infused blue blood is that it has awesome immune response against bacteria.  The reason these weird rock-type-pokemon have survived is because they are basically immune to all disease. And that is precisely why we harvest their blood and leave their creepy corpses in the trash bin, because their blood works as a sterilizer.  If you have ever been injected with a intravenous type drug, then you owe thanks to these crabs' blood for keeping it clean.  

I guess I am saying this because, for one, I really like things that have blue blood and remind me of pokemon, and, for two, I want to have blue blood and be immune to disease just like a pokemon, I mean, just like a horseshoe crab.






No comments:

Post a Comment